Monday, June 29, 2009

Bad-assen!

Well, how was the Saturday classic for all y'alls? It was the typical GP race, with one rider in particular running away from the field, and the rest falling back. It looked to be a repeat of Barcelona, with there being an actual dog-fight at the front, but, alas, twas not to be. Both Pedrosa and his teammate Andrea Dovizioso fell in the first turn of the TT Cucuit Assen. Rossi continued his dominance at the front, as Stoner and Lorenzo seemed to just not be able to match Rossi's god-like pace. After the falls of the Repsol-Honda duo, and the seeming lack of pace from the Red Dwarf and Por Fuera, Vale took his milestone 100th career GP win, in true convincing style. Post race reactions, said Rossi: “It’s a fantastic achievement. 100 victories is a great number. Thanks to all the guys who have helped me to reach this number –my teams over the past ten years, Jeremy Burgess and especially all my close friends and family for giving me motivation. We hope to win some other races though!” A great addition, no doubt, to Rossi's 2009 championship title bid. Second-placed jockey, Jorge Lorenzo, had this to say after his solid run on Saturday: “I am happy, because despite an awful start and there being some sections of the track where I lost a lot of ground, I pushed at my limit. Especially at the start of the race,” said the Loren-show.
“When I saw that my front tyre was starting to slide, I said ‘enough’ and settled for second place,” he added, showing the maturity needed in chasing points rather than the head-strong push for glory that has won many a rider the World Championship. “We had a great race with a fierce pace that dropped half a second, so I really couldn’t have done any more.” Casey Stoner, placed third in Saturday's spectacle, had these words for his fans after the race, explaining that he once again, was in no human shape to be on track. Fortunately, Stoner, like all racers, really isn't human, anyway. “I’ve been feeling fine all week but started to feel run down again on Friday and I’ve just got worse as the weekend has gone on. I’ve taken every kind of supplement and vitamin tablet you can think of but nothing seems to have worked, so it is obviously something we need to have looked at closer because I can’t keep going like this and it is costing us points.”
“Thankfully I had a fantastic bike underneath me again today and I owe the team for that. A big thank also to Dr Macchiagodena and our physiotherapist Freddie (Dente), who took good care of me both in Catalunya and here. Unfortunately we don’t have much time to get fit for Laguna but we’ll see what we can do.” Ducati Corse project director, Livio Suppo, had these words on Stoner's "Weekend Paddock Flu", that has been plaguing the firey Aussie the past two rounds: “There is something wrong with Casey’s condition and we are trying to understand what is wrong and trying to help. What we have done so far is not enough and we have to investigate more. Dr Claudio Macchiagodena from Clinica Mobile has done a lot to help after the race and he has some ideas for Laguna so let’s just hope.”

Thats it from me this week, folks, and expect a full-write up, AMA and MotoGP after next weekends first of two US rounds for the GP stars, at Mazda Raceway-Laguna Seca, in Monterrey, California.

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment